RIP Lobster House neon
(on City Island, on Bridge Street between City Island Avenue & Minnieford Avenue)
The New York Neon blog reports that the iconic City Island Lobster House sign was destroyed by Sandy. Happily the restaurant itself is up and running, but I’m sad that such a great sign has been lost. I’m glad I was able to visit while it was there. (Here’s what it looks like now.)
Another neon loss reported in that same New York Neon blog post is the lovely Shore Theatre sign in Coney Island. It was missing its tubing, so I never saw it lit, but it was nevertheless a landmark of Coney Island. Another serious blow to New York’s neon collection.
As you may have heard, Sandy’s effects are still being felt by too many residents & small businesses of New York & New Jersey. Some suggestions for how you can help are in my last post.
9 Notes/ Hide
- marijuana-mondays reblogged this from projectneon
- tyme1this likes this
- shanestroud reblogged this from projectneon
- zzzzzzg reblogged this from projectneon
- shanestroud likes this
- travelingemily reblogged this from thingsihappentolike
- travelingemily likes this
- thingsihappentolike reblogged this from projectneon
- linusinhats likes this
- projectneon posted this